- Sources : fulfilment location, such as a warehouse, physical store, or garage.
- Stocks : the link between a source and a sales channel. A stock can be linked to multiple sales channels (websites) and multiple sources.
- Sales Channels : a Magento website, as in the website scope.
Valid area types in Magento 2 are as follows:
The question of charging and collecting EU VAT comes down to two factors:
- Where your customer is located
- Whether the transaction is B2B or B2C
If you’re a European business, you always charge VAT in your home country. Nothing else matters. You charge VAT on every sale of digital goods.
But when selling elsewhere in the EU, there are differences in B2B and B2C.
In B2B you don’t need to charge VAT; there is a reverse-charge method wherein the buyer pays VAT to their own government. This saves you trouble, as you don’t have to file a separate tax return in each country where you make a sale. You just need to receive a valid VAT number from the buyer.
In B2C you charge VAT to all customers. But the rate of VAT you charge depends on how much you’re selling within the EU. If your business stays below €10,000 in cross-border sales of digital goods per year, throughout the EU, then you can charge the VAT rate of your home country on all those cross-border sales. Once you pass the €10,000 annual sales threshold, you must charge the VAT rate of your customer’s country.
For non-European businesses, simple rules apply. In B2B you should reverse-charge VAT. In B2C transactions, always charge the VAT of the customer’s country.
Courtesy : Quaderno
- Text Field – A single-line text field.
- Text Area – A multi-line text area.
- Multiple Line – Creates multiple text lines for the attribute, similar to a multi-line street address. The number of separate data entry lines can be from 2 to 20.
- Date – Displays a date field with a pop-up calendar.
- Dropdown – A drop-down list that accepts only one value to be selected.
- Multiple Select – A drop-down list that accepts multiple values to be selected.
- Yes/No – A field that offers only a choice of
- File (attachment) – A field that allows a file to be uploaded and associated with the customer attribute as an attachment.
- Image File – A field that allows an image to be uploaded to the gallery and associated with the customer attribute.
Level 1 : Merchants processing over 6 million card transactions per year.
Level 2 : Merchants processing 1 to 6 million transactions per year.
Level 3 : Merchants handling 20,000 to 1 million transactions per year.
Level 4 : Merchants handling fewer than 20,000 transactions per year.
When the locale is changed for a store, Magento searches and applies translations in the corresponding dictionaries in the following sequence:
- Module translations:
– LOWEST PRIORITY
- Translation package:
- Theme translations:
(iterated through all ancestor themes)
- Magento database – HIGHEST PRIORITY
Breakpoints are used in the CSS code to set up the screen width at which the design switches from the mobile to the desktop version.
The Blank and Luma themes use Less variables to implement the following breakpoints:
@screen__m: 768px (in the Blank and Luma themes, this breakpoint switches between mobile and desktop views)
The main difference is that PCI-DSS applies to every company and entity that handles credit card data. Organizations that store, process or transmit credit card information are required to comply with PCI-DSS. PA-DSS, on the other hand, only applies to vendors that produce and sell payment applications.
Payment Application Data Security Standard (PA-DSS)
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS)
Cross-selling is an eCommerce practice where retailers offer a user additional products that complement those that they have already purchased or are about to purchase. Up-selling, in its turn, is the strategy that consists of suggesting a user more expensive or upgraded products compared to those that they have initially chosen.
|Case||Cross-selling example||Up-selling example|
|A user wants to buy a cell phone from your company||Suggesting a screen protector, phone case, or headphones||Offering a phone with a bigger screen, better camera, upgraded features, and, thus, a higher price|
In a distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS attack), the incoming traffic flooding the victim originates from many different sources. This effectively makes it impossible to stop the attack simply by blocking a single source.
A DoS or DDoS attack is analogous to a group of people crowding the entry door of a shop, making it hard for legitimate customers to enter, thus disrupting trade.
Courtesy : wikipedia
- Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data.
- Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters.
- Protect stored cardholder data.
- Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks.
- Use and regularly update antivirus software.
- Develop and maintain secure systems and applications.
- Restrict access to cardholder data by business need to know.
- Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access.
- Restrict physical access to cardholder data.
- Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data.
- Regularly test security systems and processes.
- Maintain a policy that addresses information security.
You can manage all reviews at :
MARKETING > User Content > All Reviews
If you want to access only the pending reviews then go to :
MARKETING > User Content > Pending Reviews
MSRP stands for the Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price.
The Conditions are the rules that must be met for this promotion to apply.
The Actions are the rules that govern what changes are made once the conditions are met and to which products.
An agreement between your customer and Paypal (the payment service provider) that, once in place, allows your customer to checkout without entering payment information for each purchase.
Multi Source Inventory (MSI) is the ability to connect multiple inventory sources to your store. Includes many features like Concurrent checkout protection, Stocks for tracking available aggregated quantities through assigned sources, Shipment matching algorithms.
GoTo Stores > Configuration > General > Locale Options > Timezone
- Magento 2 Open Source suits best for small ecommerce stores as this solution provides tools that can help merchants to build an online store in a fast way with no hassle and minimum expenses.
- Magento 2 Commerce Edition recommended for B2B companies, enterprises, and companies with high volumes of website traffic, a variety of product catalogs, wide global reach, business complexity, or plans to expand in the future.
- Magento 2 Commerce Cloud is a managed, automated hosting platform for the Magento Commerce software. Magento Commerce Cloud comes with a variety of additional features that sets it apart from the on-premise Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source platforms. Fastly Content Delivery Network (CDN), Image Optimization (IO), added security with generous bandwidth allowances, Dedicated hardware, High availability infrastructure, 24×7 email support and many more.
- Simple product – a physical item with a single SKU
- Configurable product – a single product with lists of options for each variation.
- Group product – multiple, standalone products as a group.
- Virtual product – not tangible products, and are typically used for products such as services, memberships, warranties, and subscriptions.
- Bundle product – A bundle is a build your own, customizable product. Each item in a bundle can be based on one of the following product types: Simple Product & Virtual Product
- Downloadable product – A digitally downloadable product consists of one or more files that are downloaded.
- Gift Card – three kinds : virtual gift cards that are sent by email, physical gift cards that are shipped to the recipient, and combined gift cards that are a combination of the two.
Follow these simple steps :
- Login to admin panel
- Click on the User button at the top right corner
- Select Account Setting from the dropdown
- Select language in Interface Locale dropdown
- Enter your admin password
- Click Save Button
You can set Allow Guest Checkout to No in Stores > Configuration > Sales > Checkout > Checkout Options
No layout updates – By default, layout updates are not available for Product/Category/CMS pages.
Empty – By default, uses a blank layout for Product/Category/CMS pages.
1 column – By default, uses a single column layout for Product/Category/CMS pages.
2 columns with left bar – By default, uses a two-column layout with the sidebar on the left for Product/Category/CMS pages.
2 columns with right bar – By default, uses a two-column layout with the sidebar on the right for Product/Category/CMS pages.
3 columns – By default, uses a three-column layout with sidebars on the left and right for Product/Category/CMS pages.
Page – Full Width – By default, uses the Page – Full Width layout.
Category – Full Width – By default, uses the Category – Full Width layout.
Product – Full Width – By default, uses the Product – Full Width layout.
Website – is the top-level container for sites, shipping methods, payment methods, and more. To create completely separate sites that do not share cart, shipping methods, or other you must create separate websites. A website contains at least one store.
Store – is contained by a website. In turn, a store contains at least one store view. Multiple stores can share cart, user sessions, payment gateways, and more, but they have separate catalog structures and Catalog price.
Store View – it change the way pages are presented, and are typically used to display a store with different layouts or languages. You can manage different currencies per store view.
Magento Commerce (formerly Magento Enterprise Edition), Magento Commerce Cloud & Magento Open Source (formerly Magento Community Edition).
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard is an information security standard for organisations that handle branded credit cards from the major card schemes. The PCI Standard is mandated by the card brands but administered by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council.