Let’s say your store operates in multi currencies like Euro, US Dollar and Singapore Dollar and your customers can pay in any of these. How do we define which is the default currency and how can we make more than 1 currency allowed in the store?
Choose the Accepted Currencies
- On the Admin sidebar, tap Stores. Then under Settings, choose Configuration.
- In the panel on the left under General, choose Currency Setup.
- Expand the Currency Options section, and do the following:
a. Set Base Currency to the primary currency that you use for online transactions.
b. Set Default Display Currency to the currency that you use to display pricing in the store view.
c. In the Allowed Currencies list, select all currencies that you accept as payment in the store view. Make sure to also select your primary currency. (For multiple currencies, hold down the Ctrl key and select each option.)
Setup Currency Exchange Rates
- Navigate through Stores > Currency > Currency Rates.
- Click on Import to import the desired currency rates or input your exchange rates.
- Click to Save Currency Rates.
Thats all, you will see dropdown on your storefront.